The custom rack project for the 1x1 is coming along nicely. I spent some time Friday attaching the lower struts, a brace across the seam of the deck, and the threaded tab for the rear light...
The rack jig worked just as I had hoped. It held the deck and supports solidly and since it was mounted in the Park stand I was able to move the rack around enough to access all sides of the joints. Pretty slick, if I do say so myself.
Earlier in the week I made a simple braze-on jig... it worked fine for the tab, and I'm hoping it'll work out for the frame braze-ons too.
Next weekend I hope to get the braze-ons attached to the frame, finish both the upper and lower supports, and have the whole thing cleaned up and ready for a matte black rattlecan paint job.